Title: VP of Capital Markets & Corporate Business Development
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The primary purpose of the VP of Capital Markets is lowering Knight Capital Funding’s (the “Company”) cost of borrowing, sourcing and leading all capital raising activities, building strategic partnerships to add to Company’s mix of products, implementing of procedures to facilitate investor requirements and reporting, ensuring the Company is poised to seize market opportunities as they present themselves including M&A activity.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Evaluate pricing strategies and competitive position in order to make strategic recommendations and identify market opportunities.
- Maintain, enhance and modify best execution model to adapt to various market conditions and maximize profitability.
- Monitor daily liquidity and develop monitoring tools to assist in the portfolio management and reporting.
- Manage and develop methodology to monitor and mitigate portfolio level risk
- Maintain and oversee capital relationships and weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Regular visits and conversations with current and prospective investor to maintain relationship.
- Oversee updates to Funding, Liquidity and Investment policies.
- Respond to audit and regulatory requests.
- Maintain company investor presentation and deck.
- Maintain and stress test internal financial model and update it monthly with updated budgets and projections.
- Monitor external credit measures from strategic partners.
- Broaden and strengthen investor relationships in accordance with counterparty policy.
- Report on pipeline risk position relative to company’s policy limits and tolerance.
- Track, monitor and communicate pull-through, delinquencies and early payoff performance.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support for other projects as required.
- Monitor competition and market trends.
- Attending industry conferences and trainings.
- Monitor macroeconomic trends and ensure company is ready for them.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong programming skills with associated tech applications.
- Proficiency with financial resource tools such as Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to exhibit sound judgment when working across different business functions.
- Working knowledge of database management and data architecture and ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Capital Markets Operations.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a managerial role required.
- Experience with compliance requirements such as Dodd-Frank is required.
The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.