Title: Director of Sales
Reports To: VP of Sales
Department: Sales Support
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing all aspects and facets of partner sales to assure growth, motivation and compliance. The position is responsible for leading, managing and growing the Sales Support team while growing market share, volume and ISO loyalty. This position reports directly to the VP of Sales with a dotted line to the CEO of Knight Capital Funding.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coach, lead and develop the Sales Support team with a hands-on approach
- Work with the CEO and VP of Sales to develop strategies for new business development
- Put in place a strategy and lead a team to fulfill key sales KPIs
- Responsible for managing the pipeline to ensure attainment of performance targets
- Monitor activities, identify risks and implement activities to ensure success
- Drive business and operational change within the team to drive employee satisfaction
- Build, maintain, and modify processes for efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record demonstrating strong deal negotiation skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication/presentation skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficient)
- Aptitude to prioritize and manage both small and large scale projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to effectively support, coach, inspire and motivate team members to meet goals
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and performance expectations.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years, business-to-business sales experience, preferably in the Finance industry
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of prior leadership experience building and growing cohesive teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a closely related field
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to develop key strategies for improvement, not just the day-to-day block and tackle execution
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.