Title: Asset Management Specialist
Reports To: Manager, Asset Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Description: The primary purpose of the Asset Management Specialist is to handle complex collection inquiries and issues and collect on designated delinquent accounts, while maintaining good customer relations and adhering to company policies and procedures governing collection practices in an effort to resolve delinquency and prevent losses.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Daily collection calls and email correspondence in a fast-paced goal oriented collections department
- Refine and streamline company collection process in collaboration with management
- Provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, resolve client (Merchant) discrepancies and short payments (remittances). Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency assigned accounts while meeting defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Must communicate and follow-up effectively with management regarding merchant accounts on a timely basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years Collections experience
- Knowledge of Collections procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday making repeated phone calls and engaging in email correspondence.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.