Title: Customer Service Verification Specialist
Reports To: Sr. Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Description: The Verification Specialist will be instrumental in managing risk and ensuring proper adherence to policies and processes for Knight Capital Funding while providing excellent customer service to merchants. This position requires extensive communication, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. The Verification Specialist will be cross-trained into multiple areas of the Operations organization, including Data Entry, Sizing and Scoring, and Underwriting.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Populating sizing models from financial documents
- Performing interviews while on a recorded line
- Providing status updates on potential Fundings to management, Business Development and merchants
- Understanding the full Operational process flow
- Familiarity with Data Entry, Credit and Risk, Due Diligence and Asset Management
- Explain product/services to merchants as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent research and comprehension skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience Education in a business or finance discipline preferred but not required
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.