Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The Director of Operations will play a pivotal role in shaping our rapidly growing organization by contributing to strategic planning as well as the overall professional development of Knight Employees. This individual must be a thought leader and be able to work cross-functionally with the executive team to develop and implement business processes that drive efficiency and performance improvement. This role must intimately understand how all the moving pieces of day to day operations fit together and support the organization’s mission and values. This is a highly visible role that reports directly to the CEO of Knight Capital Funding.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for developing and executing operational plans to best meet business goals.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operational processes and systems on an ongoing basis to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead strategic planning to support long-term growth and improvement in the operations side of the business
- Leverage scale by driving change and creating synergies.
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop metrics, KPIs, analytics and dashboards to provide performance measurement and drive business insight.
- Leading, Managing and holding the operations accountable to performance standards.
- Maintains and assures that proper communication is effectively distributed to all operational employees.
- Create an atmosphere that engages and motivates the workforce.
- Oversee the underwriting, verifications and collection departments.
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of our internal organization and vendor partners.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent executive presence, ability to drive adoption and credibility with senior leadership.
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems and gain buy-in of colleagues across functions.
- Excellent leadership skills to develop and motivate others; must demonstrate experience leading and developing both exempt and non-exempt team members
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly driven to achieve quick results.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary guidance.
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years in business experience, including a proven track record of performance in strategy and operations role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a closely related field
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.