Title: Executive Assistant
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Knight Capital Funding is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience for the entire organization. The Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The ideal candidate will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting the CEO with the highest degree of integrity, managing all related information with discretion and confidentiality.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Handle a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that may be confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings
- Optimize the work of the CEO and take as many tasks of his plate as possible
- Screen, organize, and follow-up on a high volume of emails and calls
- Prepare, update, and maintain routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving and making adjustments to plans
- Keep CEO and others informed of potential problems and conflicts in an anticipatory manner and take appropriate action
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and coordinate assignments with various people to ensure achievement of goals
- Spearhead initiatives and implement streamlined procedures, taking a direct, hands-on role in Knight’s continued growth and future development
- Perform other duties necessary to accomplish objectives as determined by the CEO
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in maintaining calendars, corporate correspondence, and meeting planning
- Extreme level of integrity and confidentiality
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Poised, professional, and confident demeanor
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs and utilize appropriate resources to resolve issues
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
5+ years of experience as an Executive level Administrative Assistant
The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. The Executive Assistant will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.