Job title: Senior Accountant
Knight Capital Funding is searching for an energetic, dynamic and experienced professional to staff our Senior Accountant role. If you are seeking an outstanding opportunity with a company that is experiencing tremendous growth – we want to speak with you.
The Senior Accountant (SA is responsible for verifying the accuracy of company and investor cash balances. Merchant cash balances and providing the amounts to the Accounting Manager and CFO on a daily basis. The SA is responsible for validating exception items identified through the daily reconciliation process. He/she is responsible for developing, communicating, and ensuring compliance with cash control policies and procedures.
- Oversight and knowledge of all account balances provided
- SA will understand financial policies and reporting procedures, contract types, and billing terms
- Daily reconciling of accounts including the corresponding journal entry impact
- Participating in the preparation of month end closing financial statements
- Optimizing accounting process workflow through system enhancement
- Develop cross-functional relationships to identify opportunities to enhance controls over cash handling and reporting procedures
- Develop and communicate procedures and controls regarding all aspects of cash handling and reporting
- Effectively set priorities to review and resolve open items, ensuring that:
- The most important issues are identified, and
- The current status of open items is continually updated
- Review and sign off on daily and monthly balance reports
- Identify and escalate to appropriate levels of management any material risk items that have been identified
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure.
- Must possess exceptional skills in all forms of communication.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Sumifs & other advanced formulas)
- Must have a good understanding of cash controls in high volumes
- Must be extremely detail oriented while being able to quickly process large amounts of data
- Must have executive presence and the ability to take command and control of his or her immediate work environment.