Title: Internet Marketing Pay Per Click Manager
Reports To: VP of Sales Operations and Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The Internet Marketing Pay-Per-Click Manager is responsible for administering and managing Knight Capital Funding’s Pay-Per-Click media strategies. This position requires the ability to setup, operate, track, optimize and report on all pay-per-click search and display campaigns. The Internet Marketing Manager will use a combination of critical thinking and a/b testing, applying industry strategic development and data-driven methodology to improve the performance of Knight’s paid search and display campaigns.
The ideal candidate will flourish in a fast-paced, energetic work environment with the ability to multi-task several projects related to search engine marketing and pay-per-click management. Must be driven, proactive, detail-oriented, and personable with a strong background working with Google AdWords, re-marketing, Bing Ads, display networks and Google Analytics.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform daily account management of pay per click accounts on Google AdWords, Yahoo, Bing and other search platforms to improve click-through rates and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage the maintenance and monitoring of keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important performance metrics.
- Manage, maintain updates, and continue to expand keyword lists.
- Provide creative copy suggestions and graphical ad templates.
- Develop test plans for a/b testing of ad copy, landing pages, bid position, etc.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with business goals.
- Keep pace with search engine and pay-per-click industry trends and developments.
- Learn and understand the merchant cash advance business and competition and understand the role marketing initiatives play in our overall success.
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain ongoing reporting dashboards as well as ad hoc reports to track performance, optimization, and return on investment objectives.
- Make ad decisions based on what the data trends are dictating.
- Automate, build and innovate new processes in order to improve overall efficiency and scalability.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with passion for marketing, advertising and campaign management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities in data analysis
- Great teammate with strong collaboration skills
- High attention to detail with excellent follow-through
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to leverage new technologies and automation capabilities to enhance search engine marketing efforts
- Google Adwords Certified (GAP) professional a plus
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient working with keyword research tools
- Ability to write ad copy and optimize through A/B testing
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing, Advertising or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience designing, planning and creating paid search campaigns across multiple search engines such as Google, Bing etc.
- Experience optimizing ads for pay-per-click accounts.
- Experience in gathering insights from multiple data sources and making informed decisions to improve performance of search campaigns.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. The Internet Marketing Pay-Per-Click Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk both in person and over the phone.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.