Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Description: The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and facilities. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing mail, office access fobs and parking entry cards, etc.).
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Plan and coordinate on and off-site employee team-building activities and events.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and travel bookings.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teambuilding skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Education and Experience: High school diploma. At least two years of previous experience in an office management or clerical role.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. The Office Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.