Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description: The Senior Accountant is responsible for verifying the accuracy of company and investor cash balances, merchant cash balances and providing the amounts to the Accounting Manager and CFO on a daily basis. The Senior Accountant is responsible for validating exception items identified through the daily reconciliation process. He/she is responsible for developing, communicating, and ensuring compliance with cash control policies and procedures.
- Oversight and knowledge of all account balances provided.
- Senior Accountant will understand financial policies and reporting procedures, contract types, and billing terms.
- Daily reconciling of accounts including the corresponding journal entry impact.
- Participating in the preparation of month end closing financial statements.
- Optimizing accounting process workflow through system enhancement.
- Develop cross-functional relationships to identify opportunities to enhance controls over cash handling and reporting procedures.
- Develop and communicate procedures and controls regarding all aspects of cash handling and reporting.
- Effectively set priorities to review and resolve open items, ensuring that:
- The most important issues are identified.
- The current status of open items is continually updated.
- Review and sign off on daily and monthly balance reports.
- Identify and escalate to appropriate levels of management any material risk items that have been identified.
Skills and qualifications:
- Have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure.
- Ability to construct GAAP financial statements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Sumifs & other advanced formulas).
- Must have a good understanding of cash controls in high volumes.
- Must be extremely detail oriented while being able to quickly process large amounts of data.
- Must have executive presence and the ability to take command and control of his or her immediate work environment.
- Experience creating and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in accounting/finance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. Employee will not need to walk significant distances nor lift substantial weight. Employee will need to be able to remain seated at a desk for 8-9 hours in a typical workday.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.