Title: Social Media Manager
Reports To: Creative Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Social Media Manager serves as an expert in online content creation, social media planning, execution, and measurement. The position requires a deep understanding of established and emerging social media channels (especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) and their application in the small business finance industry. The Social Media Manager will be both a strategic and hands-on player driving all aspects of Knight Capital Funding’s content strategy.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for conceptualizing, researching, creating, editing, proofreading and managing content on multiple websites and social media platforms.
- Manage a team of article writers/content producers.
- Creation of online content campaigns that align with Knight’s marketing initiatives and measuring their effectiveness.
- Editing and reformatting copy, including image collateral, content for press releases and brand websites.
- Researching the small business funding world to develop communications that educate customers and support business strategies.
- Evaluates the competition for benchmarks and competitive best practices.
- Manage and maintain a consistent look, feel, and messaging throughout all web and social media channels.
- Sets and achieves goals for driving social media channel growth and engagement with a deep understanding of the audience profile.
- Sets and achieves goals with content creators.
- Proactively seeks out, adopts and creates compelling, highly shareable content and reports back on relevant social media conversations.
- Conducts daily monitoring for negative comments and responds accordingly using proper escalation channels.
- Measure and report on editorial content engagement and trends, and proactively suggest topics and strategies for continual program improvement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Hootsuite.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro is a huge plus).
- Basic understanding of SEO principles.
- Self-learner who proactively finds ways to remove roadblocks and seek out information and answers.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo, video, text), presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social analytics tools and ability to conduct research on new technologies, which may add capabilities to our content marketing efforts.
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management abilities including scheduling and setting and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of how to create a “social media-friendly voice” in social media to build authentic, relevant, interactive consumer conversations and relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and drive collaboration with other departments and stakeholders without direct authority over those groups.
- Loves engaging in social media conversations and thinking creatively about new ways to use the medium.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in online content creation and social media management e.g., managing brand development, building brand advocacy, and social media campaigns.
The physical demands of the position are typical of those found in a traditional office environment. The Social Media Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk both in person and over the phone.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.